About ECE Department
The Department of ECE was established in 2008 with an intake of 60 students in the Under-Graduate B.Tech, program which was further enhanced to 180 students subsequently. The department is also having a postgraduate M.Tech programme in “Embedded Systems & VLSI Design” with an intake of 18 students since 2014-15. The department of ECE is aiming to produce highly knowledgeable, competent and potentially flourishing engineers who can suit well to perform dynamic in multiple domains of job profiles. In order to achieve this goal the department is pumping in strenuous efforts in nurturing the analytical and technological knowledge base of the students continuously in-line with the prescribed university curriculum. The department is also providing innumerable number of opportunities for students to equip themselves with bunch of practical skills by working on real time based mini projects, develop communication skills, explore internship opportunities in industry and participate in various National and International design contests. The laboratories of ECE department are well equipped with state of art infrastructure, advanced software and hardware tools to fulfil the requirements of university in training the students properly, wherein the students can do academic experiments, execute workshop based mini projects etc. Further the department also encourages students to take up Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineers (GATE), Graduate Record Examination (GRE) during their final year in order to pave the way to pursue higher education and bring laurels to their career as well as to the institution.
Unique Aspects of ECE at LENDI
- The department is having 33 well qualified and experienced faculty with 6 doctorates and 7 pursuing doctorates.
- Around 8 Plus Engineering Technology Laboratories equipped with state of art infrastructure and Licensed Software/Hardware Tools.
- Industry Sponsored IoT Laboratory.
- 250 Mbps Internet facility.
- Self-Learning Subject Materials, E-Journals and Video Lectures.
- Constantly convalescent academic results for the past few years.
- Around 80 plus percentage of campus selections every year.
- Students of ECE Excelled in various Competitions/Events globally at IIT’s, NIT’s etc.
- Department is having around Four plus Patent Publications.
- Faculty and Students secured Best Performance/Pratibha awards from the university.
- Faculty publications exceeding around 150 Plus in different Journals of repute – Science Citation Indexed (SCI) like IEEE, Wiley, Elsevier, Springer, Thomson Reuters, Scopus Indexed and others.
- Well stacked department library with good number of Academic and Personality Development books.
- Expert / Guest Lectures in topics of advancement.
- Exclusive R & D Laboratory for in-house R & D activities.
- Professional Student Chapter's & Student clubs to enrich technological know-hows of students.
- Continuously connected Alumni network of students.
- Co-curricular & Extra- curricular Activities to students and Faculty.
- Extensive Career Guidance & Counselling activities.
Skill Development Training Activities and MOU’s to Enhance the Students Employability.
- Students are vigorously trained in Analog & Digital circuit domain at VLSI Design Laboratory for being placed in Siliconous Fervetz Technologies.
- Students are extensively trained on Design and Development of Prototype Electronic Projects at IoT & Project laboratory for being placed in Servomedha Effectronics, VEDAIIT, ZenQ.
- Students are extensively trained to design different antennas suiting various applications using MATLAB and HFSS antenna software for being placed in Master PCB Tech private limited.
- Students are trained on different software Programming Languages for being placed in Infosys, TCS, Cognizant (CTS), Tech Mahindra, NTT Data and other software companies.
- Students are regularly deputed to industries for internship programs in 4th, 6th and 7th semesters to work in different projects.
- Students of ECE are being trained on IoT and Python courses by CM Skill Development centre of APSSDC on campus- for being placed in Effectronics, Pinnacle Nanotech India pvt Ltd Etc.
- Students are specially trained in aptitude, logical reasoning, Verbal Communication and vocabulary skills as a part of the Campus Recruitment Training activities.
- Students can utilise the on campus English Communication Lab to focus on competitive exams like TOFEL, GRE, and IELTS etc.