In pursuance of its Action Plan for performance evaluation, assessment and accreditation and quality up-gradation of institutions of higher education, the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), Bangalore proposes that every accredited institution should establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a post-accreditation quality sustenance measure. Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC will become a part of the institution’s system and work towards realisation of the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance. The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the overall performance of institutions. For this, during the post-accreditation period, it will channelize all efforts and measures of the institution towards promoting its holistic academic excellence.
- To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
- Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks.
- The relevance and quality of academic and research programmes.
- Equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of society.
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning.
- The credibility of evaluation procedures.
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and proper allocation of support structure and services.
- Sharing of research findings and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process.
- Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes.
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education.
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles.
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement.
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices.
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality.
- Development of Quality Culture in the institution.
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC, to be submitted to NAAC.
- Ensure heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement.
- Ensure internationalization of the quality culture.
- Ensure enhancement and coordination among various activities of the institution and institutionalize all good practices.
- Provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning.
- Act as a dynamic system for quality changes in this institute.
- Build an organised methodology of documentation and internal communication.
Composition of the IQAC
Name of the Member Designation Role in IQAC Dr. V V Rama Reddy Principal Chairman Sri. P. Madhusudhana Rao Chairmanship Executive Member Prof. K.V Narasimham Professor S& H Co-ordinator Dr.M. Rajan Babu Professor ECE Member Dr. Y. Narendra Professor EEE Member Dr. S.Sri Kiran Professor MECH Member Prof. A. Rama Rao Professor CSE Member Dr. P.D. Sailaja Professor S&H Member Dr. G.A.V.Ramachandra Rao Associate Professor, CSE Member Dr. P. Satish Professor MECH Member Dr. B. Sridhar Professor ECE Member Mr.K. Ravi Shankar Associate Professor Member Mr. G Dileep Kumar Software Engineer, INFOSYS, Bangalore Member Sri P S R Vara Prasad Parent Member Mr.ChSai Ram Student Member Mr K Ravichandra Industry Person(Tech Mahindra) Stake Holder Mr. V S Kiran Babu Academician and Rotary Club Member Local Society
Date Agenda Download 01-07-2016 Formation and Mechanism of IQAC View 02-01-2017 Discussion of Academic Audit View 17-05-2017 Suggestions from Stake Holders/td> View
Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) Report
Date Annual Report year Download 05/09/2018 Annual Report 2017-18 Download